We are very pleased to have released our long-awaited Donor Portal, a secure online feature built for everyone who has contributed to a nonprofit through fundraising technology powered by Give Lively.
At this moment, donors can use the Donor Portal to do the following:
- view and edit account details (name, email, password)
- view payment methods
- view their donation history
- view receipts for past donations
- view a list of recurring donations
- view the history of recurring donations to a chosen organization
- manage recurring donations, including cancel them.
In the weeks ahead we will be adding the following capabilities:
- update payment methods
- filter donation history by variables other than date
- edit amount and date of recurring donations
- view data associated with individual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising.
A new round of code optimizations has increased the speed of Leaderboard load times,especially for nonprofits with a large number of individual fundraisers. Learn more about how to set up the Leaderboard.
Two upgrades have been made to the Nonprofit Admin Portal:
- A campaign search tool has been added to the Campaigns, P2P and Teams index pages.You can now search by name or slug for a campaign, fundraiser or team. The field is not strict, meaning it will return results for any campaigns, fundraisers or teams that contain the search term, even if it is a partial word. If there are no matches, a message advises that no results were found containing the search term.
- Pagination has been added to the Teams index page,adding to pagination already in place on the Campaigns and P2P index pages. In each case, 25 campaigns are on display, with forward and backward page controls at the bottom of the list.
CSV exports of donor data for Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers have been updated to include team details:
- team_nameis as a new column that captures the name of the team of which the fundraiser is a member
- team_slugis a new column for the slug pulled from the URL of the team.
Peer-to-Peer and Team Fundraising pages have received a slight facelift.
On Team Fundraising pages:
- the campaign for which a team is raising funds is now more clearly represented
- the Team RankandTeam Membersboxes have been moved above the display of team members
- up to 12 team members are displayed; for a full list, click on View Membersin the the Team Members box.
On individual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages:
- the team and campaign for which an individual is raising funds are now more clearly represented
- the individual’s fundraising rank on a team is made more clear through the use of additional graphics.
We’ve published a new web page that focuses on YOU… our members!It includes summary data about your fundraising might and profiles of 18 fellow member nonprofits doing amazing and exemplary things with our fundraising tech. Check out the good company you keep and stay alert for our weekly email series of Nonprofit Success Stories featuring proven fundraising strategies, helpful resources and a whole lot of inspiration.
This week we sent our third email in a series of
Nonprofit Success Storiesfeaturing proven fundraising strategies, helpful resources and a whole lot of inspiration. Keep an eye out every week through the end of the year for more advice about and encouraging examples of how to make the most of our free products to prepare for Giving Tuesday and end-of-year giving.
On select Give Lively donation forms, donors can manually enter a street address or P.O. box without relying on the automated Google Places dropdown.This is only the case on donation forms where the ability to collect a donor’s mailing address (available under select circumstances as a controlled beta feature) has been enabled. After donors enter the first line of their mailing address, the Google Places dropdown includes a new option to
Enter address manuallythat retains what the donor typed.
? (question mark)
tab in the navigation menu of the Nonprofit Admin Portal now has a third sub-tab:
Give Us Feedback. It points points to our feedback forum. This sub-tab joins two other new sub-tabs added last week. Learn more about the navigation bar in the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
Dedication emails now automatically carry the donor’s email address in the
field of the email.This optional email notification can be triggered as part of any donation made in honor or in memory of someone, and contains details about the gift. Learn more about how to add the ability to give in honor or in memory of someone.
This week we sent our
in a series of Nonprofit Success Storiesfeaturing proven fundraising strategies, helpful resources and a whole lot of inspiration. Keep an eye out every week through the end of the year for more advice about and encouraging examples of how to make the most of our free products to prepare for Giving Tuesday and end-of-year giving.
We have bid farewell to Small Token and replaced it with new, sleek dedication functionality.On October 16th, 2020, after more than four years of helping donors give charitable gifts on behalf of friends and loved ones, Small Token — Give Lively’s inaugural product — was retired. In its place, we released improved dedication functionality. Learn how to add the ability to give in honor or in memory of someone.
? (question mark)
tab has been added to the navigation menu in the Nonprofit Admin Portal, and a couple of links moved under it as sub-tabs:
- Resource Hub, which points to our one-stop shop for one-stop shop for information and instruction about how Give Lively members use our technology
- Contact Support, which points to details about how to contact our Member Support team.
A bug fix has restored all progress meters to full functionality.They had briefly not been including added offline donations in displayed totals. Learn how to add offline donations to Campaign Page totals and to Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages.
Unrequested repeat Event Ticketing receipt emails are no longer being sent.Some donors who registered for free tickets received multiple duplicate receipt emails. Learn how to create discounted or complimentary event tickets and how to prepare automated thank-you messages/receipts for all event ticket purchases.
The top-level navigation bar on givelively.org has been fully revamped.It now more fully reflects our products, services and structures.
Donors making the first of a recurring donation will now see more explicit details about that donation on the final thank-you screen of the donation form.These details will include the precise day of the month on which the recurring amount will be charged. (If a month doesn’t have the day in question, such as a 31st of the month, the note will show billing on the last day of every month.) Learn more about how to change the default donation frequency on donation forms.
CSV exports of data about fundraisers doing Peer-to-Peer Fundraising have been optimized to accommodate reports with a significant number of fundraisers.Any CSV export with more than 1,000 fundraisers will now be downloadable via an email sent to the address associated with your Nonprofit Admin Portal user account. A popup alert in the portal will make this clear. Each report is available for 72 hours from the time the email is sent; if that time expires, a new export must be launched. Learn how to access and download event attendee data from the Nonprofit Admin Portal. Learn more about how to download donor data from the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
Optimizations have increased the load speeds of three index pages in the Nonprofit Admin Portal:
- the list of Campaign Pages on the Campaigns tab
- the list of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Fundraising Pages on the P2P Pagestab
- the list of Donor Data created by clicking on See All Donationsin theRecent Donationssection of any campaign’s dashboard.
A bug fix has eliminated a scrolling behavior with Branded Donation Widgets using the Story Template.When donors click on a dollar amount, they are no longer pushed to the top of the web page in which the widget is embedded. Learn about how to use embeddable widgets to collect donations on your website.
A styling fix has corrected the width of the dedication feature in Simple Donation Widgets when they appear on devices with small screens.The adjustment prevents text fields from extending beyond the width of the dedication box. Read more about the launch of our new dedication functionality and learn how to add the ability to give in honor or in memory of someone.
We have released new and sleek dedication functionality (for giving in honor or memory of someone).It appears as a
Dedicate This Giftbutton above the payment button on Core Profiles and Campaign Pages, as well as in widgets. This functionality allows donors to:
- indicate that a gift is either in honor of or in memory of someone
- remain on a page/donation form as they add their dedication
- optionally send an email notification to an individual with details of the gift.
Dedications also now appear in donor data CSV reports in two new columns:
- dedication_type(as either in honor of dedication or in memory of dedication)
- dedication_name(name of the person for whom the donation was made).
Our new dedication feature replaces Small Token, which will be phased out in November. Learn how to add the ability to give in honor or in memory of someone.
CSV exports of donor data for events have been optimized to accommodate reports with a significant number of charges.Any CSV export with more than 1,000 charges will now be downloadable via an email sent to the address associated with your Nonprofit Admin Portal user account. A popup alert in the portal will make this clear. Each report is available for 72 hours from the time the email is sent; if that time expires, a new export must be launched. Learn how to access and download event attendee data from the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
A bug fix has repaired the ability to create a Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page by clicking on the
I Want To Fundraise For This
button in Branded Donation Widgets.Learn more about how to set up and use Peer-to-Peer Fundraising.
All PayPal donations made on Event Ticketing pages appear in event exports.This fixes a bug that saw some PayPal charges from Event Ticketing pages showing in Campaign Page reports (of all campaign charges) and main dashboard reports (of all charges), but not the event reports, ONLY if the Event Ticketing page had an associated Campaign Page. Learn more about how to access and export event attendee data from an Event Ticketing page.
Full event description texts now appear in Google calendar invites when triggered by the
Add To Calendar
tool on an event dashboard in the Nonprofit Admin Portal.Previously, any texts following an ampersand (the
&symbol) had been cut off. This irons out an additional wrinkle in last week’s ampersand bug fix. Learn more about how to build an Event Ticketing page.
When a closed Campaign Page is duplicated, the duplicate is now an open Campaign Page.Previously, closed campaigns could only be duplicated as new closed campaigns.
The threshold at which CSV exports of donor data trigger an email rather than a direct download has been lowered to 4,000 charges.Our previously instituted improvement (check here for more detail) had set the limit at 5,000 or more. All other functionality remains the same. Learn how to download donor data from the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
A hiccup with ampersands (the
symbol) in the event descriptions on Event Ticketing pages has been repaired.Full description texts now appear in Google calendar invites, whereas any texts following the & symbol had been cut off. Learn more about how to build an Event Ticketing page.
In keeping with accessibility best practices, it is now possible to use the tab key to move through the fields of the Give Lively membership application form.A bug fix repaired a few dropdown fields that were not responding, but only when the tab key was used. Learn more about how to apply for Give Lively membership.